Splunk Enterprise

What is the Dashboard studio file extension?

Vani_26
Path Finder

Normally, for splunk  dashboard we will save it with file extension .xml. And we will promote the changes via git 

Here i want to know about the splunk dashbaord studios, what is the file extension, and once after creating the dashbaord via UI , i want to promote those dashbaords.
how can i do that ??????

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In my sandbox, Dashboard Studio files still are .xml files.  The DS JSON code is wrapped in an XML envelope like this

<dashboard version="2" theme="light" hiddenElements="{&quot;hideEdit&quot;:false,&quot;hideOpenInSearch&quot;:false,&quot;hideExport&quot;:false}">
            <label>test</label>
            <description></description>
            <definition><![CDATA[{"visualizations":{"viz_Ozddmu1a":{"type":"splunk.table","options":{},"dataSources":{"primary":"ds_iPUldxwz"}}},"dataSources":{"ds_iPUldxwz":{"type":"ds.search","options":{"query":"index=_internal \n| stats count by component"},"name":"Search_1"}},"defaults":{"dataSources":{"ds.search":{"options":{"queryParameters":{"latest":"$global_time.latest$","earliest":"$global_time.earliest$"}}}}},"inputs":{"input_global_trp":{"type":"input.timerange","options":{"token":"global_time","defaultValue":"-24h@h,now"},"title":"Global Time Range"}},"layout":{"type":"absolute","options":{"display":"auto-scale"},"structure":[{"item":"viz_Ozddmu1a","type":"block","position":{"x":0,"y":0,"w":550,"h":430}}],"globalInputs":["input_global_trp"]},"description":"","title":"test"}]]></definition>
            <assets><![CDATA[{}]]></assets>
        </dashboard>

What exactly do you mean by "promote"?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Vani_26
Path Finder

promote a dashboard,  that means instead of creating the dashboard via UI, i need to save the dashboard xml code in notepad  in our local repository and will deploy it via git.

So my requirement is,  i have the dashboard code,  i dont know what is the file extension to save it and do i need to add anything in the code. Because my dashboard code is directly starting from as shown below:

[{"visualizations":{"viz_Ozddmu1a":{"type":"splunk.table","options":{},"dataSources":{"primary":"ds_iPUldxwz"}}},"dataSources":{"ds_iPUldxwz":{"type":"ds.search","options":{"query":"index=_internal \n| stats count by component"},"name":"Search_1"}},"defaults":{"dataSources":{"ds.search":{"options":{"queryParameters":{"latest":"$global_time.latest$","earliest":"$global_time.earliest$"}}}}},ns":.................

So do i need to add the below things :

<dashboard version="2" theme="light" hiddenElements="{&quot;hideEdit&quot;:false,&quot;hideOpenInSearch&quot;:false,&quot;hideExport&quot;:false}">
            <label>test</label>
            <description></description>
            <definition><![CDATA

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not an expert on Dashboard Studio, but I'm guessing you do need the XML code around the JSON.  Otherwise, it's not a .xml file and probably won't work.

Save a Dashboard Studio dashboard and look at the file it created.  You should see the same thing I did.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

vishwa
Path Finder

sure will try, thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...