Splunk Enterprise

What are the steps to perform as sanity checks after Splunk Indexer restart?

SudhaP54
Engager

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
In distributed environment you should have MC (monitoring console) set up. Then you can use it to see that everything is ok, it also give you a warning when any peer is down or there are any issues (previously defined in MC).
r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
In distributed environment you should have MC (monitoring console) set up. Then you can use it to see that everything is ok, it also give you a warning when any peer is down or there are any issues (previously defined in MC).
r. Ismo
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would run some searches from the search head to make sure indexers are returning results.

Like -> index=* | dedup sourcetype, splunk_server | table sourcetype, splunk_server

Make sure the splunk_server field mentions all the indexers that you have.

Also, run search -> index=_internal -> in all-time real-time and check for the splunk_server field to make sure that all the indexers are ingesting the new data coming to Splunk as expected.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...