Splunk Enterprise

What are the correct usages for apps/backup and apps/restore API endpoints on Splunk Enterprise?

Karthish
Observer

I'm trying to understand the different capabilities within Splunk to see how they can be used for my advantage.

Was exploring apps_backup and apps_restore splunk capabilities to see if they can be used with API for backing up and restore of specific apps without the actual back-end access and having to replicate the "$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/" directory.

There is one mention of apps_restore within the below document mentioning it can be used on the endpoint "apps/restore":
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/Admin/Authorizeconf

I noticed the restmap.conf also has entries for "apps/backup" and "apps/restore" but I could find no documentation on the usage of these endpoints and methods. Could someone point me in the right direction here?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...