Splunk Enterprise

Want to upgrade from 8.0.1 to 8.0.6

amarababu_katar
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi Team,

Want to upgrade Splunk enterprise from version 8.0.1 to 8.0.6 on  Linux environment.

1. indexer upgrade

2. Search Head Upgrade.

3. Heavy forwarder upgrade.

Please let me know step by step by process with the commands from the backup the current version configurations and backup the bucket indexers as well.

Thanks,

Amarbabu

Labels (1)
0 Karma

amarababu_katar

Hi Team,

Want to do in distributed deployment, upgrade INDEXER component with no clustering, Please let me know how to take the Indexer buckets backup before starting the upgrade process. Please provide step by step process and needs to do in Linux environment.

Thanks,

Amarbabu

0 Karma

amarababu_katar

Thanks for your email.

Just want to know the Indexer upgrade in Linux environment step by step with commands, including backup process before the upgrade process.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/Installation/HowtoupgradeSplunk for the documented upgrade procedure.  Feel free to post specific questions if there's anything in the docs you don't understand.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...