Splunk Enterprise

WARNING: Server Certificate Hostname Validation is disabled. Please see server.conf/[sslConfig]/cliVerifyServerName for

AvinashShivhare
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am building search head cluster.  But when i am initiating clustering i am getting below error. I am using below syntax for cluster initiation.  Please note I have checked my server.conf file in local directory and added entry as false for cliVerifyServerName and sslVerifyServerName. 

Also in web.conf enableSplunkWebSSL = false is already there .  

./splunk init shcluster-config -auth <username>:<password> -mgmt_uri <uri>:<managementport> -replication_port <replication port> -replication_factor <n> -conf_deploy_fetch_url <url>:<managementport> -secret <security_key> -shcluster_label <label>

WARNING: Server Certificate Hostname Validation is disabled. Please see server.conf/[sslConfig]/cliVerifyServerName for details.
Login failed

I am not looking to setup any third party or self singed certificate as this is just for self learning. 

I would request your support. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That message is a warning, not an error.  You can suppress it by setting cliVerifyServerName=true, but then you would need server names in your certificates.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

adnanhakiim
Loves-to-Learn Lots

how to give a name in our certificates?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See the instructions at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Security/Getthird-partycertificatesforSplunkWeb#:...

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

arfee_splunker
Explorer

Hi @richgalloway 

Which file and stanza name is the edit required in ?

0 Karma

SplunkingKnight
Explorer

Hi @arfee_splunker,

in the server.conf and the stanza [sslConfig], as shown in the warn message.

Best regards

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...