Training + Certification Discussions

Veterans Training

popkinaj
Engager

I have completed splunk fundamentals 1 and I am currently attempting to utilize my veteran status through https://workplus.splunk.com/ and receive the following message when attempting to take splunk fundamentals 2: 

Error. Troop ID is already in use with another Splunk account.

I then receive an email from splunk stating the following: 

Someone just tried using your Troop ID to sign into SplunkWork+ Trainings.

Splunk stopped the event. Please update your credentials immediately if you were not the one attempting to login.

Best,
SplunkWork+ Team

Both my splunk login and id.me usernames are the same.  This is preventing me from taking Splunk Fundamentals 2.  

Labels (1)

rabby98
Engager

Same issue here.

"Error. Troop ID is already in use with another Splunk account."

I checked IDMe's site first to make sure it wasn't an old account on the off chance I had one - nope. The only entry from SplunkWorks was from today.

0 Karma

slymike81

Same issue here. I get "

Someone just tried using your Troop ID to sign into SplunkWork+ Trainings.

Splunk stopped the event. Please update your credentials immediately if you were not the one attempting to login."

Even though I am already logged in and can view Fundamentals I.

Can we get an assist here? Thanks

0 Karma

cabelload

Any update with this issue?  I believe I may of goofed it up but have the same ID.ME Error.

0 Karma

jhann

I'm having the same problem.  Still no resolution?

0 Karma

myleskennison
Explorer

I'm having the same issue.  Was this ever resolved?

corodriguez
Engager

Also having this issue. Only have the one account. 😕

0 Karma

shawnmfisher

I have this issue as well. Anyone know how to fix?

0 Karma

Andres0281
Engager

I'm having the same issue and I have different logins.

xevant
Engager

Had the same email about someone logging in with my Troop ID.  I was still able to get into Fundamentals 2, but the module videos haven't been able to load for the last week.  I contacted elearn by email, and was told they were working the issue, and would let me know when it is resolved.  Nothing yet.

cboyd0159
Engager

I'm also having this exact issue. Very frustrating...

davidcorona

It seems to me this is just another lie. Splunk Fundamentals I seems like it's absolutely free to everybody.

The Splunk Works+ Veterans page (https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans) makes it seem like Splunk Fundamentals II is available for Veterans.

This always seems to be the error I get "Error. Troop ID is already in use with another Splunk account."

I can go to Troop.ID and disassociate my splunk login with troop id and start fresh and get the same error everytime.

There is no phone number or email to call or write to for support. Disgraceful. Nothing but lies.

0 Karma

jameswcoquat
Observer

I just got the same scenario. Only one Splunk account, revoked access to Splunk on ID.me, keep getting the same 'in use by another account error'. No contact info anywhere, ugh!

0 Karma

rykwan
Engager

I email education_amer@splunk.com and I got a reply back within a day or two and I was able to access the training on the education.splunk.com site.

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all.

Thanks for sharing this issue with us (and thank you for your service!).  To echo the response above, YES, the best course of action is to email Education_AMER@splunk.com for 1:1 assistance.

DFrancD
Engager

Thanks for this tip... I will do the same thing and update once my issue is resolved as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...