Splunk Enterprise

Use Lookup value(s) as field values in search query

wwhite12
Path Finder

Hello,
I have a lookup that will only have one column (MY_COL), this column will always have at least one row but could have multiple. I am trying to take the value of the row(s) and use them in a search query like this

index=my_index RuleID=(INSERT LOOKUP VALUES HERE, IF MULTIPLE MAKE IT AN OR STATEMENT)
| table RuleID, etc, etc,

Is there a clean way to do this?
Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try a subsearch.

index=my_index RuleID=[ |inputlookup mylookup.csv | rename MY_COL as RuleID | fields | RuleID | format ]

If you run the subsearch by itself, you'll see how the lookup contents are converted into a series of OR clauses. 

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try a subsearch.

index=my_index RuleID=[ |inputlookup mylookup.csv | rename MY_COL as RuleID | fields | RuleID | format ]

If you run the subsearch by itself, you'll see how the lookup contents are converted into a series of OR clauses. 

---

wwhite12
Path Finder

This worked
Although one weird thing I noted was I had to remove the "=" after RuleID to just have it as 
RuleID[ |inputlookup mylookup.csv | rename MY_COL as RuleID | fields RuleID | format]
| table RuleID, etc, etc

Thanks for the assist!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Actually, the RuleID shouldn't be there at all. The format command will create "RuleID=foo OR RuleID=bar" so it doesn't need to be there before the subsearch.
---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...