Splunk Enterprise

Upload Error - "Cannot connect to proxy. Error - Tunnel Connection Failed: 307 Moved Temporarily"

yourface1

When I attempt to upload a file via "Add Data > Upload" I receive the proxy error below. This is a local Splunk Light install and I'm trying to upload/monitor files that are stored on my local machine. I'm confused why it's even checking the proxy. I also attempted to setup the file/folder monitor and that didn't pull in any data either so I'm not sure if the same error may be impacting all file collection activity.

**('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 307 Moved Temporarily',))**

I've researched this quite a bit and am able to find documentation on OTHER proxy related errors but have yet to find anything on this specific error or a resolution. Is anyone familiar with this error or have solution?

I've seen some discussion around the no_proxy setting in server.conf but that didn't seem to work (unless there are other steps besides adding the entry).

Anyone familiar with this error or have a solution? This is one of those things I expected to just work out of the box and am totally perplexed by the fact it's been a complete blocker out the gate.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...