Splunk Enterprise

Unable to migrate from Splunk App for AWS to other alternatives

Sakshat44
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi,

We were using Splunk App for AWS which Splunk has stopped supporting and is now a legacy app. So as Splunk recommended to migrate to Splunk App for Content Packs(which includes Content Pack for AWS Reports and Dashboards) , migrating to this requires ITSI or IT Essentials Work as a pre-requisite to integrate and use the Content Packs. ITSI is a paid app and IT Essentials work has no version which is compatible with Splunk Enterprise 9.0. Why has Splunk demised a free app and as an alternative, we are forced to move to paid version (indirectly because of ITSI)

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

on splunkbase it has said that https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5403 version is compatible with 9.0 version. So you could use it.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

Sakshat44
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Let me check that. I did visited the app documentation on previous day when it was saying that its Cloud-only version. But fortunately today it is showing documentation properly for installation on Splunk Enterprise on-premise instance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...