Splunk Enterprise

Unable to connect to a Splunk add-on API via Ansible

mp32

I'm using Ansible to try to configure SPlunk Enterprise and more specifically- I want to create a user for the Splunk add-on TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon

However, I'm getting this error when trying when trying to run my Ansible 

"Status code was -1 and not [200]: Connection failure: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer"

Is this because I'm using a free-trial for Splunk? I deployed Splunk using the Splunk Enterprise API on AWS and I can connect to Splunk web no problem. Here's my Ansible playbook:

---
- name: Create Jira Service Desk User in Splunk
  hosts: splunk_sh
  gather_facts: false
  tasks:
    - name: Create user
      uri:
        url: "http://ec2-44-212-47-250.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8089/servicesNS/nobody/TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon/ta_service_desk_simple_addon_account"
        method: POST
        user: "admin username"
        password: "admin password"
        body: "name=svc_jira&jira_url=test.url.com&username=test_username"
        status_code: 200

I redacted my admin username and password, but I tried using the URL above (Which is the DNS name) and I tried using just the IPv4 address with port 8089 and the endpoint and it gave me the same error. I made sure that port 8089 is also open on my AWS Security Group. What could be causing the issues?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

Have you tried to execute a curl command directly on the instance  to set up the JIRA account as described on Configuration — TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon 2 documentation

In the documentation there are also some more config parameter mentioned.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...