Splunk Enterprise

Unable to connect to a Splunk add-on API via Ansible

mp32

I'm using Ansible to try to configure SPlunk Enterprise and more specifically- I want to create a user for the Splunk add-on TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon

However, I'm getting this error when trying when trying to run my Ansible 

"Status code was -1 and not [200]: Connection failure: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer"

Is this because I'm using a free-trial for Splunk? I deployed Splunk using the Splunk Enterprise API on AWS and I can connect to Splunk web no problem. Here's my Ansible playbook:

---
- name: Create Jira Service Desk User in Splunk
  hosts: splunk_sh
  gather_facts: false
  tasks:
    - name: Create user
      uri:
        url: "http://ec2-44-212-47-250.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8089/servicesNS/nobody/TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon/ta_service_desk_simple_addon_account"
        method: POST
        user: "admin username"
        password: "admin password"
        body: "name=svc_jira&jira_url=test.url.com&username=test_username"
        status_code: 200

I redacted my admin username and password, but I tried using the URL above (Which is the DNS name) and I tried using just the IPv4 address with port 8089 and the endpoint and it gave me the same error. I made sure that port 8089 is also open on my AWS Security Group. What could be causing the issues?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

Have you tried to execute a curl command directly on the instance  to set up the JIRA account as described on Configuration — TA-jira-service-desk-simple-addon 2 documentation

In the documentation there are also some more config parameter mentioned.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...