Splunk Enterprise

Unable to configure input on Splunk Enterprise with Splunk-Add-on for AWS

subramanianers
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am trying to set up Splunk Add-on for AWS to pull my logs from my AWS account into splunk. I have a Splunk Enterprise setup on prem in an AWS EC2 server. I used the Splunk Enterprise AMI. I have attached an EC2 instance role that has administrator access. When I try to configure an input, I get the error - Unexpected error "<class 'splunktaucclib.rest_handler.error.RestError'>" from python handler: "REST Error [400]: Bad Request -- An error occurred (InvalidClientTokenId) when calling the GetCallerIdentity operation: The security token included in the request is invalid. Please make sure the AWS Account and Assume Role are correct.". See splunkd.log/python.log for more details.

Note: I did not add any account or IAM role manually in the Splunk UI. The IAM role was autodiscovered by Splunk, and is visible in the Account tab in the Configurations page.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

sanjeev543
Communicator

@subramanianers I guess it's something to do with the IAM role attached to your EC2 instance.

you can try removing it and attach new IAM role and see if that works ?

0 Karma

subramanianers
Loves-to-Learn Lots

@sanjeev543 I have tried it several times. It did not work.

0 Karma

subramanianers
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have also created a user with admin privileges, and configured its access id and secret key in Accounts tab in Configuration page. Even while using that account to configure an input, I am getting the same error.

0 Karma

subramanianers
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am getting this error only when I try to configure input for any AWS resource using Generic S3 option

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...