Splunk Enterprise

TypeError: Failed to fetch when using splunk-logging javascript library

sng_chewy
Engager

I'm using the splunk-logging library found here to setup event collection from a web app. 

I have followed the Basic Example in the repo's README and also from the how to page

The error I'm seeing is ERROR: TypeError: Failed to fetch CONTEXT from line 32 in splunklogger.js. The code that sets up the logger looks like the following. 

const config = {
token: splunkToken,
url: splunkUrl
};
const SplunkLogger = require('splunk-logging').Logger;
const logger = new SplunkLogger(config);

const payload = {
metadata: {
index: 'hms'
sourcetype: 'ui'
}
};

logger.send(payload, (error, resp, body) => {
console.log(error);
});

As I'm writing this out I'm wondering if the error I'm getting is because I'm using the logger from the browser, so there is a cross origin issue. Is this the issue or is there an issue in the code?

Padmaja

Hi,

Even I'm facing the issue while picking the library classes.

Module '"splunk-logging"' has no exported member 'SplunkLoggingService'.

Have installed splunk-javascript package.. pls let me know any other installations need to be done.

0 Karma

noygafni
Engager

Actually I discovered it is a cors error, so it is impossible to send logs directly to splunk from the browser

0 Karma

noygafni
Engager

Did you manage to solve this? I get the exact same error trying to log from browser

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...