Splunk Enterprise

Troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise Access

clantonka12
Engager

After downloading Splunk, I tried to connect to Splunk Enterprise and was successful for two separate sessions over a three day span.  Now when I attempt to connect I receive an error on the new window:

Either localhost:8000 refused to connect or HTTP 404 error

As this is the second occurrence, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled twice on my desktop and laptop.  Still no change in performance.  After 2-3 sessions the next attempt and everyone there after results in a failed connection.  I have tried using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

I have tried to connect to 127.0.0.1and that works (I was told that could be the issue regarding the localhost error).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

KC

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

clantonka12
Engager

I changed the port on the browser tab to end in localhost:8001 and it worked no problem.  Lets keep it going.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

clantonka12
Engager

I changed the port on the browser tab to end in localhost:8001 and it worked no problem.  Lets keep it going.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...