Splunk Enterprise

Troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise Access

clantonka12
Engager

After downloading Splunk, I tried to connect to Splunk Enterprise and was successful for two separate sessions over a three day span.  Now when I attempt to connect I receive an error on the new window:

Either localhost:8000 refused to connect or HTTP 404 error

As this is the second occurrence, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled twice on my desktop and laptop.  Still no change in performance.  After 2-3 sessions the next attempt and everyone there after results in a failed connection.  I have tried using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

I have tried to connect to 127.0.0.1and that works (I was told that could be the issue regarding the localhost error).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

KC

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

clantonka12
Engager

I changed the port on the browser tab to end in localhost:8001 and it worked no problem.  Lets keep it going.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

clantonka12
Engager

I changed the port on the browser tab to end in localhost:8001 and it worked no problem.  Lets keep it going.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...