Splunk Enterprise

Suggestions for a new "feature" in Splunk UI

mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

Where I can write my suggestions for Splunk UI? Here or somewhere else?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@mrzmsmglsnk, you can refer to following question for the same, which has the link to enhancement request: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/4844/how-can-i-submit-an-enhancement-request.html

However, you should also post your request in the forum for the following reasons:
1) Other Splunkers might be able to assist with a solution/workaround for your use case.
2) Others may up-vote the need request, and if they file similar Enhancement, it will get prioritized.
3) While posting the request, you will be given similar threads to see whether the same has already been requested/answered or not.

PS: You might have to Accept and close this one though 😉

View solution in original post

mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

I've just found this: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/AdvancedDev/AdvancedIntro
Can I do something with that by myself to add a searchbar into the "Add role" and the "Map groups" options? If I can, can someone explain me how because I don't really understand the article 😞

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@mrzmsmglsnk, you can refer to following question for the same, which has the link to enhancement request: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/4844/how-can-i-submit-an-enhancement-request.html

However, you should also post your request in the forum for the following reasons:
1) Other Splunkers might be able to assist with a solution/workaround for your use case.
2) Others may up-vote the need request, and if they file similar Enhancement, it will get prioritized.
3) While posting the request, you will be given similar threads to see whether the same has already been requested/answered or not.

PS: You might have to Accept and close this one though 😉

mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

@niketnilay
Thank you for your reply. I'll check the link to the enhancement request. Also, I'll post my request in the forum so other Splunkers can see it and maybe upvote it if they are also familiar with my "problem".

Edit: I do not have an active Support Contract and, as a result, I can't open a Support case 😞

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@mrzmsmglsnk... Please go ahead and post your question. Others can upvote and see if that enhancement is needed. Also you can see if you can point the same as feedback through Splunk Documentation.

mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

@niketnilay
Thank you for you reply. I'll post here my needs so anyone can see it and maybe upvote it 🙂

At this point, my Splunk infrastructure has 787 indexes and 761 roles, (and counting). When I want to add a new role, there is the "Indexes searched by default" and "Indexes" sections. It'll be much easier for me to have the possibility of searching indexes in those sections because now I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and when I finally find the desired index, there is a big chance to mark the wrong one, (the mentioned Splunk infrastructure has a lot of indexes with the similar name). Also, I have the same problem when I have to map LDAP groups to roles because at this point, my Splunk infrastructure has 752 LDAP groups.

So, I beg Splunk developers to add a searchbar into the "Add role" and the "Map groups" options.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...