Splunk Enterprise

Splunk searches skipped after upgrading to 8.1.0

vagsec

Hi all,

I have upgraded our Splunk index cluster from 7.3.0 to 8.1.0 and since then I see the below red message on search head:

The percentage of non high priority searches skipped (50%) over the last 24 hours is very high and exceeded the red thresholds (20%) on this Splunk instance. Total Searches that were part of this percentage=20. Total skipped Searches=10

Do you have any ideas how could I recover from this?  And what is causing it? I took all the steps as described here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.0/Installation/AboutupgradingREADTHISFIRST 

I have followed this problem as well, but no luck: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Rolling-upgrade-restart-scheduled-searches-skipped-erro...

Regards,

Evang

Regards,

Evang

0 Karma

SirDrake7
Explorer

@vagsec 

Did you ever get this resolved by chance?  I am having the same issue.

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vagnet
Explorer

Hi SirDrake7. I resolved it by increasing the maximum number of concurrent searches on the limits.conf file.

0 Karma

SirDrake7
Explorer

Thank you,

Would you be able to share the section you added?

I ended up going in to Settings: Server Settings:  Search Preferences:  and I increased the Relative concurrency limit for scheduled searches and summarization searches from 50% to 100%.  Based off what supported stated my searches should not require any change over 50% - not to mention I had doubled my CPU's and upped my RAM x4 lol.  So if there is a config file change that would be better than my fix.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...