Splunk Enterprise

How do I go about configuring Splunk operator and standalone license manager?

tungstenadmin
Engager

Hi ,
I am trying to use splunk-operator to setup a standalone splunk instance on kubernetes which will use an existing splunk license master which is not part of a splunk-operator setup.

In the documentation (https://splunk.github.io/splunk-operator/CustomResources.html#common-spec-parameters-for-all-resourc...licenseUrl configuration parameter only accepts Full path or URL for a Splunk Enterprise license file.

How do i go about configuring this .

Any help will be very much appreciated

sean193
Explorer

Never mind, I was able to get it. 

Using the volume mounts from the example it requires you to create a configmap first `kubectl create configmap splunk-licenses --from-file=enterprise.lic` then you are able to start licmaster as expected and have the lic applied. 

0 Karma

sean193
Explorer

Were you able to get this configured?  I'd also be curious to know how to properly configure this or where the lic file should exist. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...