Splunk Enterprise

Splunk launch.conf file is not getting updated to latest version

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team,

I have recently upgraded by Splunk Enterprise instance for my Heavy Forwarder server from  Version 7.3.1.1 to version 8.1.2.

So when i navigated to /opt/splunk/bin directory and ran the command as "splunk version" i can able to see the output as latest version and in GUI also it is showing up the latest version.

Output:

Splunk 8.1.2 (build 545206cc9f70)

But when i checked the /opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf

I can able to see the older version details present and not updated with the latest version.

# Version 7.3.1.1

Whereas if i checked the /opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf.default i can able to see with latest version .

# Version 8.1.2

So i want to know why the file splunk-launch.conf is not updated with latest version? and also is there any way to fix it. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FWIW, the splunk-launch.conf file in my 8.1.2 instance says "# Version 6.6.2".  Not that it matters.  The version string is just a comment and the content of the file hasn't changed in ages.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FWIW, the splunk-launch.conf file in my 8.1.2 instance says "# Version 6.6.2".  Not that it matters.  The version string is just a comment and the content of the file hasn't changed in ages.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@richgalloway 

Thank you for the information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...