Splunk Enterprise

Splunk launch.conf file is not getting updated to latest version

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team,

I have recently upgraded by Splunk Enterprise instance for my Heavy Forwarder server from  Version 7.3.1.1 to version 8.1.2.

So when i navigated to /opt/splunk/bin directory and ran the command as "splunk version" i can able to see the output as latest version and in GUI also it is showing up the latest version.

Output:

Splunk 8.1.2 (build 545206cc9f70)

But when i checked the /opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf

I can able to see the older version details present and not updated with the latest version.

# Version 7.3.1.1

Whereas if i checked the /opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf.default i can able to see with latest version .

# Version 8.1.2

So i want to know why the file splunk-launch.conf is not updated with latest version? and also is there any way to fix it. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FWIW, the splunk-launch.conf file in my 8.1.2 instance says "# Version 6.6.2".  Not that it matters.  The version string is just a comment and the content of the file hasn't changed in ages.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FWIW, the splunk-launch.conf file in my 8.1.2 instance says "# Version 6.6.2".  Not that it matters.  The version string is just a comment and the content of the file hasn't changed in ages.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@richgalloway 

Thank you for the information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...