Splunk Enterprise

Splunk internal user Error

g_paternicola
Path Finder

Hi everyone,

I have installed Splunk on Windows and unfortunately, instead of the user admin I have created the user splunk. After that I created in the Splunk Web Gui the user admin and set it as an admin. 

But now I will get some errors like this:

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

@g_paternicola I realize you submitted this quite a while ago, but I had the same issue in my lab.  I resolved this issue by:

copying the following lines out of the /etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/default/inputs.conf and pasting them into /etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/local/inputs.conf (which you'll have to create first).

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_get_all_apps.py]
passAuth = admin

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_scan_apps.py]
passAuth = admin

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_send_email.py]
passAuth = admin

Replace "admin" with your admin account name.  

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

@g_paternicola I realize you submitted this quite a while ago, but I had the same issue in my lab.  I resolved this issue by:

copying the following lines out of the /etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/default/inputs.conf and pasting them into /etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/local/inputs.conf (which you'll have to create first).

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_get_all_apps.py]
passAuth = admin

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_scan_apps.py]
passAuth = admin

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/pura_send_email.py]
passAuth = admin

Replace "admin" with your admin account name.  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...