Splunk Enterprise

Splunk download: Any locations to get the installer id vs release number?

koshyk
Super Champion

As  part of Splunk automation, we are looking to see if we  can download Splunk automatically into the servers directly for  upgrade hands-free for Test machines

The output I'm looking for is a simple lookup/details like below. Anyone aware of any links which expose below  details?

splunk_releaseinstaller_idarchospkg
6.6.3e21ee54bc796amd64linuxdeb
8.1.417f862b42a7cx86_64linuxrpm
Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Rather than have each server download the installer from Splunk, may I suggest you download it manually once to a local store and have the automation install Splunk from there?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Of course  we  do like into central artefact location.  We do compare all of  it centrally and scripted to compare with md5sum  etc.

The only  issue still is someone have  to go  logon download a copy & and get the "installer" id and populate an ansible  manifest manually. Also has to be  done  a separate administrator team which takes process etc.

Was just   checking if Splunk  or any official  links which exposes the  installer-id,  then our automation script can do it all dynamically.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I’m totally agree with @richgalloway that you should download those first to your own artifactory and check that those are ok and valid versions. 
Here is one answer where you could see the url where you could download those https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Where-did-the-download-links-for-wget-go-on-splunk-com/...

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...