Splunk Enterprise

Splunk components version compatibility

ricotries
Communicator

I have a Splunk server which runs both the Deployment Server and the License Master running on version 8.2.4. Due to the CVE released related to the Deployment Server, I would like to upgrade this server to 9.0 and I don't expect any issues between the DS and the universal forwarders.

My concern is with the License Master as this component communicates with the rest of the deployment. The latest documentation of version compatibility is found here: Configure a license master - Splunk Documentation, which is for 8.2.6 as there is no version (as of today, 6/21/2022) of this page for version 9.0.

Upgrading the entire Splunk Enterprise deployment right now is not feasible (we are planning in the near future to complete it), but upgrading this one component to mitigate the vulnerability is priority. Should I expect any issues with the licensing after the upgrade of the License Master when the major versions don't match with the rest of the deployment?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

IMHO: in IT you should always except issues especially with double donuts versions ;-(

Based on what I have read on last days there are some people already updated both DS and LM to the 9.0.0 and they haven’t gotten (yet) real issues.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

IMHO: in IT you should always except issues especially with double donuts versions ;-(

Based on what I have read on last days there are some people already updated both DS and LM to the 9.0.0 and they haven’t gotten (yet) real issues.

r. Ismo

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If the rumors in slack are valid there is already coming first patch for 9.0.0? I don’t know when, but probably sooner than later?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...