Splunk Enterprise

Splunk WEB GUI Hang up On Loading

kumar493
Path Finder

Hi ,

I am having an issue , we have 3 search heads in cluster and are currently handle by a load balancer. some times my Web GUI is too slow its not even loading the search bar is not coming up , its getting hang and we can only see loading screen. I am unable to find out whats the issue , is it the load balance or networking issue not sure , If any one can guide me on it will be helpfull.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jcaceres
Explorer

Check with your team that manages the load balancer.
Make sure you have the required ports for Splunk (web, management port, forwarding) enabled on the load balancer as well as any required healthcheck mechanisms (internal services, APIs, healthcheck ports, etc) required by the load balancer.

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

Sure i will check with them Thank you.

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

The issue happens again today and i checked the internal logs my index is full with these watchdog logs , is it impacting the timeout issue ?

Watchdog - No response received from IMonitoredThread=0x7fa0e99fdba0 within 8000 ms.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This response seems like a very good explanation of the watchdog messages

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Archive2/watchdog-No-response-received-from-IMonitoredThread/td-p/47...

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

Ok its seems like not an issue , i am trying to find some other error messages if i could. Thanks for your reponse that has a very good information about watchdog.

0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

For me, whenever our indexers are down, we face this issue on search heads, Check if indexers are good, check _internal log for below error on search heads.  Try doing SH rolling restart for a temporary fix.

"Cannot determine a latest common bundle, search may be blocked"

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

No all of the indexers are up and running and tried already rolling restart but that didnt help.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Having only three heads in your cluster is tricky. It doesn't allow for one head to be down.

If at all possible I would suggest adding another head so that you can take one head out to do maintenance etc.

Again look through the _internal logs.  Is the captain reporting any issues?

Can you look at the SH Cluster status? https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.4/DistSearch/ViewSHCstatus

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

yeah i checked the shcluster status and its showing all 3 are up only and in splunkd , i saw some error messages but i dont think those are relevent because i am not seeing any common patern of error messages when the issue is happening.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello.

1. What version of Splunk?
  2. Have you looked in index=_internal source=*splunkd.log for any clues?

kumar493
Path Finder

checked the internal logs but not clue and the weired thing is when this happens we tried to open indiviual search heads and their we are not seeing this issue , seems its just coming on the load balancer.

0 Karma

kumar493
Path Finder

hello , We are using splunk version 7.3.4 and 3 search heads are in clustered and Have one load balancer infront of the search heads.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...