Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Upgrade to 9.0- How do I download the license version and what pre and post steps should I perform?

sauravkumar702
Observer

Hi Team,

I am running with Splunk 8.2.2 version and wanted to upgrade to Splunk 9.0 version. Please address the below queries as i am performing this activity for the first time.

1.  How to download the license version of Installable from Splunk website as it is only giving to download the product with 60 days validity.

2. What the pre and post steps required to perform the up gradation activity.

3. Please tell me which directory should we backup for any bad luck.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sauravkumar702 ... You didnt say about the environment...

is it clustered or non-clustered or a single server setup?!?!

do you use any Splunk Premium Apps?

approx how many UF forwarders you have?

these questions will help us to help you better. thanks. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1.  Licensed versions of Splunk are not downloaded separately.  You download the "trial" version and then apply your existing license to convert the download into a licensed version.  Application of the license is automatic upon restarting Splunk.

2. See the Installation Manual (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Installation/HowtoupgradeSplunk), especially the READ THIS FIRST section (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Installation/AboutupgradingREADTHISFIRST)

3. $SPLUNK_HOME/etc should be enough.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...