Splunk Enterprise

Splunk TA for NetApp Data ONTAP - What do I need to change to collect performance data from all of my 3000 volumes?

sebwal10
Explorer

Hello!

I have a cluster with 3000 volumes, and the Splunk Add-on for NetApp Data ONTAP only collects performance data for 50 volumes every collection interval. If I try to set perf_chunk_size_cluster_mode=500, then it collects performance data for 500 volumes and then stops. I want to collect performance for all of my 3000 volumes. After the collection is finished (usually within seconds) I get "[getJob] could not find a job to do, sleeping before retry" from the worker logs. 

What do I need to tweek in order to collect performance data from all of my 3000 volumes?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Labels (3)
0 Karma

lee_melvin
Path Finder

If this is still an issue for you a year and a half later, please take a look at my (redundant) question "Splunk_TA_ontap OntapPerf.py only fetches a subset of volumes".  There's a trivial modification to the OntapPerf.py file in the add-on, that will collect data for all volumes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...