Splunk Enterprise

Splunk TA for NetApp Data ONTAP - What do I need to change to collect performance data from all of my 3000 volumes?

sebwal10
Explorer

Hello!

I have a cluster with 3000 volumes, and the Splunk Add-on for NetApp Data ONTAP only collects performance data for 50 volumes every collection interval. If I try to set perf_chunk_size_cluster_mode=500, then it collects performance data for 500 volumes and then stops. I want to collect performance for all of my 3000 volumes. After the collection is finished (usually within seconds) I get "[getJob] could not find a job to do, sleeping before retry" from the worker logs. 

What do I need to tweek in order to collect performance data from all of my 3000 volumes?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Labels (3)
0 Karma

lee_melvin
Path Finder

If this is still an issue for you a year and a half later, please take a look at my (redundant) question "Splunk_TA_ontap OntapPerf.py only fetches a subset of volumes".  There's a trivial modification to the OntapPerf.py file in the add-on, that will collect data for all volumes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...