Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App showing up blank?

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello to all,
I have a problem with the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App.
When I launch it the window is entirely white with no objects and no error messages.
I am using Splunk 8.1.0 on windows 2019.
Has anyone had similar problems?
Where could I go to look for the problem?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've had the same problem while running that app on Windows.  The workaround was to install my apps on a Linux instance and run the readiness app there.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Rich

it is useful to know that someone else has also had the same problem, but the solution you suggest is not feasible in my case because the customer has know how only on Windows and wants to use this operating system.

Thank you very much.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

hapatus8888

Hi ,

Did you found a solution for this?

I have also issues with Splunk Enterprise 8.1.6 on Windows 2019 platform with Upgrade Readiness App 4.0.2. Same issue with Upgrade Readiness App 3.1.0.

When launching Upgrade Readiness App, it says "No scan details to show. Please run a new scan to view the details". When starting Platform Compatibility scan (only one app selected), it starts to scan but scanning never finishes (Session timeout for Splunk Web is 2 days). If I refresh (F5) the screen after starting, it says "No scan details to show. Please run a new scan to view the details". If I start scanning again, it says that scanning already running. If I try to cancel scanning it could say "No entry found"

I cannot edit  "Manage Scan Scheduler" to disable this because the options are greyed out if this could disturb my scanning.

When trying to scan jQuery Scan or Python Scan it gives an error message "[WinError 193]%1 is not a valid Win32 application"

This should be Windows compatible app. We only have possibility to run Splunk on Windows.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Harri

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For the purposes of testing for upgradability (not a real word) I'd suggest standing up a small AWS Linux server, loading Splunk 7 on it, and testing the apps there.  Once the tests are complete you know the apps are ready for Splunk 8 and can discard the server.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...