Splunk Enterprise

Splunk ODBC Driver Connection to Tableau Server

sharte
Explorer

Hey, 

Currently we are working on connecting our tableau environment to splunk, but wondering does anyone :
1.know of any considerations, or modifications that need to be made for the ODBC driver for desktop to work with the tableau server?

2. Any guides to make this work with the server?

3. Other possible connection methods with tableau server?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sharte
Explorer

Hey, 

Thanks for the speedy response, yeah we have read the documentation. This all points to configuring for tableau Desktop to Splunk, we are looking to configure this on Tableau Server to circumvent the need to have an instance of Tableau Desktop running just for this purpose.

So my questions were more, will this work with Tableau Desktop?

If so are there any special considerations to be taken into account for this?

If not are there other recommended options for Tableau Server Integration?

I thought the Tableau desktop was just a wrapper around the server, and this would still work but wanted to ask the experts before we wasted time in trying for no reason.

Thanks Again

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

based on documentation this should works (new version works also on macOS).

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1606/#/details

How to configure: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ODBC/3.1.0/UseODBC/Tableau

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...