Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Lite: After setting up Forwarders, how do I know what sources they are scanning?

danieljoleary

Hello,

I have a Splunk Lite Cloud license and I have installed Forwarders on all machines. I have forgotten which files and directories I configured them with initially. I need to review and edit the forwarder configuration and the sources it scans, but I do not see a way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

danieljoleary

I have more information with respect to making changes to the fowarder configuration.

I found the following inputs.conf file for the server grid-web1:

file:
etc/apps/_server_app_weave_jetty/local/inputs.conf:
[monitor:///var/log/nginx] disabled =
false index = weave_web_tier

[monitor:///var/log] disabled = false
index = default

If I wanted to add another director or file to scan, would I add to this file and then restart the splunk service on the server?

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Suggest you create a new question, but yes, just add something like the following to that inputs.conf file and restart the splunk service

[monitor:///path/to/new/directory/or/file.txt] 
disabled = false
index = default
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try running a search

index=_internal source=*/metrics.log group=per_source_thruput | stats values(series) by host

0 Karma

danieljoleary

Super helpful...thx very much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...