Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Light v6.3 - How to get Volume or Disk label

ccitrano
Explorer

Hello,

I'm querying the LogicalDisk object and there is a field name "Name" which carries information like "C:". I'm trying to get the Volume or Disk label associated with the drive. This will allow me to filter queries based on some standards we have like "DATA", "TEMPDB" etc.

We have not standardized the drive assignments, but we were good with the labels on them.

I'm just starting with Splunk. I have the Windows addon installed and enabled.

Chuck.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the data you want to index/search is already in a file, a simple file monitor input will suffice. If not, a scripted or modular input may be the way to go.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the data you want to index/search is already in a file, a simple file monitor input will suffice. If not, a scripted or modular input may be the way to go.

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

0 Karma

ccitrano
Explorer

Jerry,

thanks for the suggestion. The data is not in a file, but can easily be obtained via a script/powershell.

I'll do some searching on how to pull that in. I was hoping that there was another perfmon counter or stat that would easily give me that.

Cheers.
Chuck.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...