Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Light running on Docker throwing unusable filesystem

kerberos2001
Engager

Hello,

Today, I tried running Splunk Light into a Docker Container, but at runtime, he thrown the follow message:

shinkeji@06ba197cfe09:/opt/splunk/bin$ sudo ./splunk start
Splunk> See your world. Maybe wish you hadn't.
Checking prerequisites...
Checking http port [8000]: open
Checking mgmt port [8089]: open
Checking appserver port [127.0.0.1:8065]: open
Checking configuration... Done.
Checking critical directories... Done
Checking indexes...
homePath='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db' of index=_audit on unusable filesystem.
Validating databases (splunkd validatedb) failed with code '1'. If you cannot resolve the issue(s) above after consulting documentation, please file a case online at http://www.splunk.com/page/submit_issue

The splunk version here is:

Splunk 6.2.3 (build 264376)

How could I fix this? I searched on the anwsers forum, and I have seen some similar problems, but with CIFS and BTRFS. It's the same issue?

naisanza
Path Finder

You'll want to append the following configuration option to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf:

OPTIMISTIC_ABOUT_FILE_LOCKING = 1
0 Karma

naisanza
Path Finder

You'll want to append the following configuration option to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf:

OPTIMISTIC_ABOUT_FILE_LOCKING = 1

ejharts2015
Communicator

Works great. What exactly does this do? I can't find any documentation on that option.

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As a base-line i'd say 1st verify that the splunkd process owner can write to /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db.

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As a base-line i'd say 1st verify that the splunkd process owner can write to /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...