Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Light re-licence

cpghelpdesk

We currently use Splunk Light Free as our data volume is tiny; we're not yet sure about Splunk, so it's not on our production system.

The 'Perpetual' free licence expired after a year; I've reinstalled with the latest version and am prompted to contact Splunk for a new license. I've probably sent Splunk about 6 e-mails over the last year and received no reply. Do they generally bother with these queries, or are they uninterested as there's no revenue?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk is working on changes to have the Splunk Light Trial license fall back to a perpetual Free license rather than a one-year Free license. There has been some commentary on this in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/683744/splunk-light-free-license-question.html. Look for the comment from brianp dated September 26.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cpghelpdesk

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply; it's good to know that it isn't just me, and there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Russell.

0 Karma

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk is working on changes to have the Splunk Light Trial license fall back to a perpetual Free license rather than a one-year Free license. There has been some commentary on this in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/683744/splunk-light-free-license-question.html. Look for the comment from brianp dated September 26.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...