Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Light re-licence

cpghelpdesk

We currently use Splunk Light Free as our data volume is tiny; we're not yet sure about Splunk, so it's not on our production system.

The 'Perpetual' free licence expired after a year; I've reinstalled with the latest version and am prompted to contact Splunk for a new license. I've probably sent Splunk about 6 e-mails over the last year and received no reply. Do they generally bother with these queries, or are they uninterested as there's no revenue?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk is working on changes to have the Splunk Light Trial license fall back to a perpetual Free license rather than a one-year Free license. There has been some commentary on this in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/683744/splunk-light-free-license-question.html. Look for the comment from brianp dated September 26.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cpghelpdesk

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply; it's good to know that it isn't just me, and there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Russell.

0 Karma

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk is working on changes to have the Splunk Light Trial license fall back to a perpetual Free license rather than a one-year Free license. There has been some commentary on this in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/683744/splunk-light-free-license-question.html. Look for the comment from brianp dated September 26.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...