Splunk Enterprise

Splunk License: warnings and violation // What will be sendt to Splunk?

klischatb
Path Finder

Hello Everyone,

This is a general question that I haven't found an answer to yet. I am aware of how a license violation is carried out.(https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Admin/Aboutlicenseviolations#:~:text=What%20is%20....)

In a training course it was mentioned that license warnings are reported to Splunk, is that correct?

What I would like to know is the following:

• Does Splunk receives anything?
  • Does Splunk receives messages at license warnings or violations?
  • Does Splunk receives messages, when a license pool goes in warning or violation?
  • What does Splunk receives?
    • Data Volume?
    • License ID

Thank you all for you help. 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

what I have understand is that Splunk collect that data to _telemetry index. There are telemetry.conf which define what data will (try to) send to Splunk. Also they have right (based on license agreement) to get this data from you side e.g. manually, if your installation cannot send it to splunk. Here is couple of links for more information:

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

what I have understand is that Splunk collect that data to _telemetry index. There are telemetry.conf which define what data will (try to) send to Splunk. Also they have right (based on license agreement) to get this data from you side e.g. manually, if your installation cannot send it to splunk. Here is couple of links for more information:

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...