Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin Recertification

splunkadmin
Explorer

I passed the new exam in January 2019. My understanding was under the new system the Admin certification expired 2 years from the date of passing the exam. Now that I am coming up on the 2 year mark, however, I see in the FAQ's Recertification section that "all certifications are now subject to a 3-year life cycle." I can't seem to find where my certification expiration date would be (though I see it is still active for now in the Splunk Partner+ My Accreditations & Certifications page) and have a few questions:

1. Does my Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification that I thought lasted 2 years now last 3? Or does it still only last 2 since when I earned it it only lasted 2?
  2. Where can I view my certification's expiration date?
  3. Do I have to retake the Admin courses to recertify or can I just go straight to the exam?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are good questions for the Certification team.  Contact them at certification@splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

splunkadmin
Explorer

I did end up emailing certification@splunk.com before even the other poster replied, and the results were:

1. All certifications are subject to a 3-year life cycle. This means that your certification is valid for three years from the date you passed the exam.

2. Please review Acclaim for the exact date on when your certification expires: https://www.youracclaim.com/org/splunk/verify

3. Certifications will begin to need to be renewed in the summer of 2021. The exact re-certification standards will be outlined and provided on our website in the next coming months. We can tell you that re-certification will likely be an option between taking an exam or taking a continuing education course.

I don't know where I got the idea that admin and below only lasted 2 years while Architect lasted 3. Maybe from my coworkers, or from something someone in one of my admin courses said. Anyway, I'm leaving this here for anyone else who comes along and is confused about this

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are good questions for the Certification team.  Contact them at certification@splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...