Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Cloud Light High Availability and Disaster recovery

CraftTeam

I am trying to determine how Splunk supports High availability and disaster recovery for Splunk Cloud Light. I need to know the following if my single instance goes down:

1. Will another instance automatically spin up to replace the "crashed" instance and whats an estimated time on this
  2. will it recover all the data it had automatically? If not, is there a way to restore the data it had?
  3. What will I lose if the instance crashes
  4. Will replacing it with a new instance require me to reconnect all my forwarders?

It is very disappointing that I could not find these answers as they are common questions developers and system architects should be asking when considering if Splunk is the right solution for them. Likewise, the documentation on Splunk Cloud light is barebones at best and does not provide you with the information you need to evaluate Splunk cloud light

Thank you for your time!

0 Karma

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Regrets for the confusion, @CraftTeam. Splunk Light Cloud Service is covered by the same terms of service as Splunk's other cloud-based product offerings. You can find the TOS on the Splunk website at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/legal/terms/splunk-cloud-terms-of-service.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...