Splunk Enterprise

Splunk App for AWS - no accounts in configure tab

justingschumach

This is a fresh install of Splunk Lite, and the AWS App for Splunk (latest of both as of today).
It is running on an EC2 ubuntu instance with an EC2 role that (for the purposes of testing) has Administrator level access.
I have added .aws/config credentials and environment variables for access and secret keys. I can use aws cli without issue to access all the AWS services.

After installing the AWS App for Splunk, I did not get any data at all in any of the dashboards. Looking at the documentation, it suggested I go to the Configure tab to modify users. I do not see any user related information there, only Billing.

I'm fairly new to Splunk, and apologize if this is a simple question. I didn't see anything posted that answered the question as yet.

Thank you kindly for your help.

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

justingschumach

I would appreciate any help with this. I would like to use Splunk, but can't until I can resolve this.

I have also tried the same steps as above on a Debian linux EC2 instance with Enterprise and could not get any data with the AWS App for Splunk plugin there either.

I don't see anything that helped me in the logs in $Splunkhome/var/log/splunk/*

Many thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...