Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Addon builder error Internal Value can only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to build a alert action where I have an drop down with fixed values. But when I am passing the data to  internal value . I am getting error like Internal Value can only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.  How to resolve this issue can anyone help?

Internal Value: 4-Minor/Localized

Vardhan_0-1627405639862.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vardhan
Contributor

The workaround solution is to edit the HTML file and pass the internal values with special charachters.

Path to edit: /opt/splunk/etc/app_name/default/ui/nav/alerts/custom_alert.html

<option value="4-Minor/Localized">4-Minor/Localized</option>

View solution in original post

Vardhan
Contributor

The workaround solution is to edit the HTML file and pass the internal values with special charachters.

Path to edit: /opt/splunk/etc/app_name/default/ui/nav/alerts/custom_alert.html

<option value="4-Minor/Localized">4-Minor/Localized</option>

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not an AoB user, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.  Use only alphanumerics and underscores in the "Internal Value" box.  "4_Minor_Localized" in your example.  Since it's internal it doesn't have to be pretty and the lack of special characters will avoid other nasty surprises.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...