Splunk Enterprise

Splunk 9 Universal Forwarder getting "[App Key Value Store migration] " error after upgrade from Splunk 8.2.4

vksplunk1
Explorer

Hi ,

Splunk 9 Universal Forwarder getting "[app key value store migration collection data is not available] " error after upgrade from Splunk 8.2.4.    Splunk is not starting

app key value store migration collection data is not available

Why is UF is looking for KV Store ?

Any suggestion to resolve it

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this is a known issue on those 9.0.x UF even it's not documented on release notes!

You can try to add this to the server.conf

[kvstore]
disabled = true

and test it this helps.

Anyhow there shouldn't be any kvstore running on UFs! It's only needed on search heads.

r. Ismo

likedasplunk
Path Finder

@isoutamo 

I added that stanza to server.conf and I still get prompted for interactive login. No matter what I do or try, I still get prompted for Nix UF 9.0.3. Is there any update on this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...