Splunk Enterprise

Splunk 9 Universal Forwarder getting "[App Key Value Store migration] " error after upgrade from Splunk 8.2.4

vksplunk1
Explorer

Hi ,

Splunk 9 Universal Forwarder getting "[app key value store migration collection data is not available] " error after upgrade from Splunk 8.2.4.    Splunk is not starting

app key value store migration collection data is not available

Why is UF is looking for KV Store ?

Any suggestion to resolve it

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this is a known issue on those 9.0.x UF even it's not documented on release notes!

You can try to add this to the server.conf

[kvstore]
disabled = true

and test it this helps.

Anyhow there shouldn't be any kvstore running on UFs! It's only needed on search heads.

r. Ismo

likedasplunk
Path Finder

@isoutamo 

I added that stanza to server.conf and I still get prompted for interactive login. No matter what I do or try, I still get prompted for Nix UF 9.0.3. Is there any update on this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...