Splunk Enterprise

Source-site-based replication factor: There is no way to set RF and SF based on which site the originates from?

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just making sure that I didn't miss something. There is no way to set RF and SF based on which site the originates from? I mean - let's say that I have two sites and I don't want the data to be replicated between sites in any way. The customer understand that there is no site-level data resiliency and in case of a site outage faces unavailability of all the buckets stored at that site and is OK with that. I know that I could simply do - for example - origin:2, total:2 but that means that I have to have the same settings in both sites but if I wanted to have different settings at each site? Of course I could do separate clusters at each site but that also means more fuss with managing configurations - deploying apps and so on.

Anything I missed?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...