Splunk Enterprise

SmartStore with HCP - why does delete fail?

lmichalski_2
Explorer

Hi,

Did anyone succeeded with configuring Splunk with HCP?
CacheManager is able to upload and download buckets - it works perfectly.

But every time Splunk tries to freeze bucket, transaction fails with error 501 (not implemented).
The same if I try to do it from splunk CLI to manually remove bucket/file.

WARN S3Client - command=remove transactionId=0x7fb4332dXXXX rTxnId=0x7fb427bfXXXX status=completed success=N uri=https://splunk.XXXXXXXXXXX.com.pl/buckets/test/db/d7/cd/66~7FD81528-13C4-4063-A45C-26DE9D698D42/rece... statusCode=501 statusDescription="Not Implemented" payload="<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>\n<Error>\n <Code>NotImplemented</Code>\n <Message>Only the current version of an object can be deleted.</Message>\n <RequestId>160104XXXXX31</RequestId>\n <HostId>aGNwLXIuYmXXXXXXXXXXXXXMTA4</HostId>\n</Error>\n\n"

We tried to disable and enable versioning on HCP, does not help.

Had anyone such issue? What additional is needed to configure on HCP or Splunk.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

hello @lmichalski_2 , could you please advise if you were able to make the delete work? We are facing exactly the same problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lmichalski_2
Explorer

Hello!

Please add 

remote.s3.supports_versioning = false

to server.conf and restart Splunk.

You can disable versioning on HCP only if you have 1 standalone indexer.
In distributed environment do not disable versioning on HCP!

Nisha18789
Builder

thanks @lmichalski_2 , we actually have a distributed environment, so in case case shall we add 

remote.s3.supports_versioning = true

in server.conf and restart? 

0 Karma

lmichalski_2
Explorer

Yes, push it from Cluster Master (or eventually: put on every search peer in system/local/server.conf).

Do not try to disable versioning on HCP.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...