Splunk Enterprise

Search from 2 different sourcetypes

ookamidono
Explorer

How can I join two fields from different sourcetypes that don't share the same name ?

The content of the two fields is strictly the same though. For more details, here are the two queries I would like to "join" :

index=dynatrace* sourcetype="dynatrace:entity" hostGroup.meId="HOST_GROUP-*"
| spath
| stats values(discoveredName) as HostName by hostGroup.name

In this one, I'm searching the entities to list all my host names by host group.

index=dynatrace_hp sourcetype=dynatrace:metrics timeseriesId="com.dynatrace.builtin:host.mem.used"
| stats avg(value) as avgCPU, values(unit) as Unit by hostName

In this one, I'm searching the metrics to list all cpu loads by host name.

I need to do it like this as I don't have access to the host group from the data in the metrics sourcetype.

Already tried to make some joined queries but I can't find a working solution. Any idea ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

mvexpand the first search by HostName, so you have host name and group name events. You can then join this by host name to your metrics search

View solution in original post

ookamidono
Explorer

Thank you for your help, the solution works perfectly fine.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

mvexpand the first search by HostName, so you have host name and group name events. You can then join this by host name to your metrics search

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...