Splunk Enterprise

Search Time extraction not working

nareshinsvu
Builder

Hi,

I am currently working in a new environment where I am trying to do field extraction based of pipe delimiter.

1) A new app (say my_app) with only inputs.conf is pushed onto the target uf through the deployment server.

inputs.conf:
[monitor:///path1/file1]
index=my_index
soyrcetype=my_st

2) Data is getting ingested and the requirement is to do field extraction on all the events separated by pipe delimiter (12345|2021-09-12 11:12:34 345|INFO|blah|blah|blah blah)

My approach followed

1) Create a new app (plain folder my_app) on my deployer and push it to the search heads with below conf files

I felt it was simple to achieve and did this. somehow it's not working. Did I miss any step to link the app on forwarder and the shc?

ls my_app/default/
app.conf props.conf transforms.conf

props.conf
[my_st]
REPORT-getfields = getfields

transforms.conf
[getfields]
DELIMS = "|"
FIELDS = "thread_id","timestamp","loglevel","log_tag","message"

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Are you running SPL on your app (my_app) context or in search app? If you want that those extractions are working somewhere else you must add that information to meta/default.meta inside our app.

And you have done restart or at least reload on SH side after deployment?

Also I think that you are not needing " in a FIELDS as separating field names.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just to make sure - that "soyrcetype" is just a typo on forums, not in your actual config?

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

Yes, sourcetypes and indexes are just examples in this forum. My config doesnt have typos

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Are you running SPL on your app (my_app) context or in search app? If you want that those extractions are working somewhere else you must add that information to meta/default.meta inside our app.

And you have done restart or at least reload on SH side after deployment?

Also I think that you are not needing " in a FIELDS as separating field names.

r. Ismo

nareshinsvu
Builder

@isoutamo  - it worked after setting up permissions in default.meta. Thanks for your reply. it worked 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...