SSL Web Certificate

g_paternicola
Path Finder

Hi everyone,

I have created an ssl web certificate from an online service and got 3 files:

• ca_bundle.crt
  • certificate.crt
  • private.key

What I have to do in order to install my SSL certificate in my Search Head?

Thank you very much for helping me!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One of the great things about Splunk documentation is the team is great about updating the docs in response to user feedback.  If there's something you don't understand in a docs.splunk.com page, submit feedback on it.

I believe .crt and .pem files are the same thing.  See https://www.ssl.com/guide/pem-der-crt-and-cer-x-509-encodings-and-conversions/#:~:text=PEM%20(origin...).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

g_paternicola
Path Finder

I know about this page, but I can't understand it very well. 

with OpenSSL, I have created a CSR file, which I paste it into a web service (zerossl) in order to create a SSL web certificate. Now I have got 2 files a ca_bundle.crt and a certificate.crt.

But I noticed that in Splunk .../auth/splunkweb there are 2 files but not crt, but .pem. 

How could I make it works?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One of the great things about Splunk documentation is the team is great about updating the docs in response to user feedback.  If there's something you don't understand in a docs.splunk.com page, submit feedback on it.

I believe .crt and .pem files are the same thing.  See https://www.ssl.com/guide/pem-der-crt-and-cer-x-509-encodings-and-conversions/#:~:text=PEM%20(origin...).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...