Splunk Enterprise

SPLUNK SQL AUDIT

edgarsilva01
Path Finder
Hello

I have a problem with some .sqlaudit files

These files are being stored in the following path Z: \ audit \
Install a forwarder but Splunk doesn't seem to recognize these files.

Use the Splunk app add-on for SQL Servers, and only be logs of Performance.

Does anyone know how I can get the .sqludit files?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
sqlaudit files are not text so they will not be indexed by Splunk. You will need to use a third-party tool to export the sqlaudit file to a text file that can be indexed.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kamila44cw
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi edgarsilva01,

Di you manage to find a solution for this. I am having the same problem. My environment was already setup by someone else, and when I do a search with index=sql I get 10 source which include the ERRORLOG files in MSSQL\Log\ folder and another source called "Index SQL CDS Server Audit", not sure where this source is coming from.

I cannot see any logs originating from the .sqlaudit file

Kind Regards..

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

edgarsilva01
Path Finder

Hi Soutamo,

The link process is already done, however the output of the files is .sqlaudit and in the same way Splunk does not index them 😞

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

does this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48345774/output-sqlaudit-file-results-to-text-file-tsql help you? Unfortunately I haven’t any ms sql where to test this. 

r. Ismo

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
sqlaudit files are not text so they will not be indexed by Splunk. You will need to use a third-party tool to export the sqlaudit file to a text file that can be indexed.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

edgarsilva01
Path Finder

Hi Richgalloway

What process do you recommend?

Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...