Splunk Enterprise

SAML not being added to new user creation - shows native splunk as authentication?

jcorcoran05

I inherited this splunk instance that uses SAML , but when I add a "new" user  its configured as Authentication Method as "splunk"

All the other users have SAML as the Authentication Method.     Can anyone share some help in adding users in the SAML Authentication method ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One does not add SAML users in the Splunk UI.  Add them in your Identity Provider (Active Directory, for example).  When the new user signs in to Splunk, the search head will use SAML to confirm the user's credentials with the identity provider.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jcorcoran508
Path Finder

Thank You  - Yes once the user logged in after they were added to the AD group I had seen they account listed and under SAML.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...