Splunk Enterprise

Running deployers on different service account than the rest of the clustered environment

aa70627
Communicator

Currently we're running our whole environment on a local splunk account for SH, IDX, CM, DS, etc, all on linux os. 

Is it possible to run different components with different service accounts? Would it be possible to use a different service account, using AD network group for the DS and leave all other components as is (using a local user account)? 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you don't have to run all instances under the same account.  They communicate over the network so they have no idea (nor do they care) what the other ID is.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...