Splunk Enterprise

Re: peering the index master to search head

rahulreddy552

Hi All,

may I know how many index master we can add to the search head . We currently have 6 and trying to add 7th ? It’s not working out can some one send some document or have experience in same kind of setup would be helpful. 
 Thanks 
Rahul 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi. Are you saying you had a search head that could query 6 index clusters but you can't query the 7th?

We are able to query 7 different index clusters so I don't think that is the limitation.

What errors are you seeing and what exactly isn't working? Can you search the previous 6 index clusters?

0 Karma

rahulreddy552

Thanks  for the reply . I figured out the issue  which is  firewall was not open for port 8089 . I am able to search all 6 indexer clusters  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...